Sunday, August 1, 2010

Take the Long Way Home

Saturday, I started the morning with a sandwich from Santa Fe Importers that Blue Collar Moto kept talking about, so I headed out there to fill my craving and meet friends and new like-minded freaks. I'm not talking any ordinary sandwich (italian meats, parmesan, olive paste,tomato, thanks man... best ever, toasty). So Mike D proposes we take PCH all the way down to Laguna and cut across to the Ortega Highway to get home.  Sounds like fun and them some...so through  crowded city streets of Long Beach and Huntington splitting lanes, trying to keep my eyes on the road and off the half-naked beauties lining the sidewalks, and bam..... an open stretch between Newport and Laguna... Mike pins it, I follow suit, dude in a vintage Guzzi right behind us...get to the 74 and gas up and prepare for the twists, turns, usual traffic, and the rush that awaits us...a little bouncy on the hardtail but stayed on the throttle with a bug-filled grin that would make your pet lizard jealous. Go for a ride today and forget about tomorrow. -womp womp

No comments:

Post a Comment