Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My redundant take on the famous "SPRINGER"

Let me describe what the hell is going on here. This is an internally sprung mini-telescopic springer meaning I included hard-chromed forks,dampers, springs, bushings, and seals. I spent a minute designing this thing and I'm pretty happy with the results although it is a little more modern looking that I had hoped. Anyway, also on the menu are some delicious double-sheer rockers, rotating on bronze bushings, all this held together by chromoly rear legs and aluminum adjustable trees.  It will be going on an upcoming sporty build w/ a fred hernandez single down tube frame with 38 deg rake, stock height, and custom motor mounts and axle plates. Once bolted up and sag height is set, I'll chop the rear legs to match the top tree and then comes the fun part of actually testing the spring action.

1 comment: