Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Icon Variant helmet.  Dual sport worthy, and road worthy too.  I just got mine on Saturday and logged a long 450 mile day with heavy head, cross and tail winds and it performed extremely well.  I ran the bike up to over 100mph while wearing it, and didn't notice a heavy amount of lift or anything else that would detract from wearing this helmet while riding fast.  And after wearing it for close to 8 hours it is pretty damn comfortable too.  Ventilation is amazing, and the field of vision is too.  It's a little heavier and louder than my old Shark RSI, but it is super comfortable to wear.  The Rubatone color that I got looks great, but it won't be as easy to clean as one with a clear coat over it.

1 comment:

  1. I've got two of these bad muthas. They've been great for any kind of riding I've been able to throw at em. If I had to nitpick about something it would be the loudness.

    ReplyDelete