Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Valve adjustment

So I decided to check my valve clearences on my kz and while I had it apart, polish the valve cover. If any of you ever had to do this you know it's a bit of a pain in the ass since you have to remove both cams to get to the buckets where the shims go under. I ordered the appropiate shims from z1 enterprises and they arrived at my door last night. As I was moving the crank to tdc I noticed I was missing 1 spring that holds the advance mechanism. Also I pressed out the tubes on the top reed-valve covers and tapped them for a 3/8 npt plug. No more hose connecting the two sides. Back to the mcfadden dale for some more $hit. I'll get it all buttoned up tonight and ready for the Slab City Riot on saturday. Fuck yeah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment